Smoked cheddar is the perfect cheese for this soup, and we can say that there is no better way to make broccoli.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
½ onion or about 1 cup (diced)
2 tbsp garlic
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp turmeric
½ tsp salt (If store-bought, omit)
4 cups diced broccoli
3 cups chicken or vegetable soup
1 cup coconut milk
½ cups smoked cheddar
1) Preheat a large pot over medium heat. Add butter and oil. Once melted, add onions and fry, stirring occasionally until turn into light brown.
2) Add garlic with 1 minute frying, stirring occasionally.
3) Add paprika, turmeric and 1 tsp coconut milk with 30s frying, stirring continuously. Cooking spices this way is an optional step, but it brings out their flavor.
4) Add salt, broccolini and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer the soup for 4-5 minutes or until the broccoli is just cooked through. Too much cooking time will turn the vibrant green of broccolini into a little brown.
5) Now add the coconut milk and cheese, stir completely, then transfer the soup to a blender or food processor and blend until totally smooth.
6) Pour it back into the pot, coddle again and serve. Or, if made ahead of time, transfer the soup to a smaller container and chill, then store it for up to 4 days or freeze it.
You can replace half your broccolini with cauliflower. Just add 2 cups and continue with the recipe. You can always cut costs by using cheaper cheeses if you want.
Our company is an established company engaged in frozen aquatic food, vegetables, seasoning food and vegetable planting business. And we have the advanced technology of standardized marine aquaculture and vegetable planting. Provide a wide range of products, the product display can choose sushi, salted, boiled, grilled, smoked, dried, and seasoned. There are more than 400 kinds of products to choose from. Our annual processing capacity is more than 20,000 tons, and the products produced by direct suppliers of frozen products are exported to Japan, South Korea, Southeast Asia, the United States, the European Union and other countries. If in need, please consult us.