Okra is a kind of food that tastes very good. We can often see it in the vegetable market. But you may not know that okra also has the title of king of vegetables. The okra we often eat may be boiled or fried with eggs. For fried okra, I may not have eaten it. Here are some ways to deep-fry okra.
Ingredients: fresh okra (cut into small and fill a container with 1L capacity), 1 large egg, 1/2 tsp salt or appropriate amount, 1/8 tsp pepper or appropriate amount, onion powder or garlic powder (can be Optional) 1/4 teaspoon or appropriate amount (if there is no minced garlic that can be pressed by a garlic press), 1/2 cup corn starch, 1/2 cup vegetable oil. If you'd like to gain the delicious fried okra, please prepare these materials in advance.
1. Rinse the fresh okra with plenty of water and wipe it with a scouring pad before drying.
2. Remove the head and tail and cut into small sections, about the thickness of the thumb cover. (For those that are slightly hard to the touch and difficult to cut with a knife, don’t hesitate to throw them into the trash can)
3. Shell the eggs and lightly beat them, pour them into the container of okra, stir to let the egg liquid hang on the okra.
4. Add salt, pepper, minced garlic and cornstarch, and mix well.
5. Add oil to the pot and heat it over medium-high heat. In order to test the oil temperature, you can add a piece of mixed okra. If there are bubbles around the okra, it means that the oil temperature is right. Pour in half of the mixed okra and fry it until golden brown. Pour in the remaining okra and fry it until golden and serve it on a plate.
6. It can be eaten without dipping sauce, and the taste is also very good. Those who feel that the taste is light and some are lazy can just dip the salad juice directly, so that they don’t need to consider salt when mixing.
1. Good for gastrointestinal
Okra contains a lot of pectin and polysaccharides, these two substances can promote the peristalsis of our gastrointestinal tract and the secretion of gastric juice. It can protect the stomach wall, increase appetite, improve constipation and indigestion. Okra also has the effect of protecting the liver, so people with poor gastrointestinal conditions and people with chronic hepatitis can often consume okra.
2. Okra is a good calcium supplement
The calcium content in okra is comparable to fresh milk. Moreover, the content of oxalic acid in okra is extremely low, so its calcium absorption rate in our body is higher than that of milk. It is a natural and ideal source of calcium, especially suitable for people who need calcium supplementation.
3. Nourishing the kidney and strengthening the essence
The okra seeds and the viscous substances contained in it have the effect of nourishing the kidney and promoting spermatogenesis. This can help improve some male diseases, such as prostate disease and people with kidney deficiency. Okra also has a powerful anti-fatigue effect, so it is especially suitable for young adults and athletes.
4. Reducing fat
Like the round carrots, okra is low in fat and calories, and is rich in protein and vitamins. It has become a favorite food for people who lose weight. Eating it during weight loss not only controls the calorie intake but also supplements the vitamins needed by the body.
5. Beauty and skin care
Okra is rich in vitamin C, which has whitening and anti-oxidant effects, making our skin white, delicate and shiny.