There is a delicious creamy soup with very little cream and rich broccoli goodness, which sounds like a great way to squeeze in more veggies.
1. 1 tablespoon butter;
2. 1 cup onion (diced);
3, 4 cloves of garlic (chopped);
4. 8 cups broccoli with stems (chopped, stems and florets separated);
5. 4 cups chicken broth (homemade or from the carton);
6. ½ cup half and half cream;
7. ½ teaspoon paprika;
8. Season with salt and pepper.
1. Preheat a large pot over medium-high heat, add the butter, then add the onions.
2. Stir the onion occasionally until it turns light brown (about 5 minutes).
3. Add garlic and fry for another 2 minutes.
4. Now add the broccoli stems, setting the florets aside for now. Add the broth as well and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat to a gentle boil and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the stems are tender.
6. Now add the florets and cook for another 3 or 4 minutes.
7. Add the cream, paprika, salt and pepper and turn off the heat.
8. After cooling slightly, puree carefully in a blender or food processor until smooth, then check for seasoning.
9. Reheat and serve if necessary. Otherwise, store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze.
Before pureeing, add 1 cup grated aged cheddar cheese and stir until melted for a classic taste. Fried or grilled chicken is also delicious when added to this soup.
MEIJIA GROUP has mastered the advanced technology of standardized mariculture and vegetable cultivation. Offering a wide range of products, the presentation of the products can be selected sushi, salted, boiled, grilled, smoked, dried, seasoned. In total, there are more than 400 products to choose from. The annual processing capacity of MEIJIA GROUP is more than 20,000 tons, and the products produced by direct suppliers of frozen products are exported to Japan, South Korea, Southeast Asia, the United States, the European Union and other countries.
MEIJIA GROUP is a national representative enterprise of aquatic products and vegetables export granted by the National Standardization Management Committee, and a representative enterprise authorized by the Ministry of Agriculture of the People's Republic of China. In 2007, Meijia Group became the first enterprise in Rizhao City, and won the title of "National Agricultural Industrialization Leading Enterprise" awarded by the eight central ministries and commissions (National Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Agriculture, and Ministry of Finance). Our annual processing capacity is more than 20,000 tons, and the products produced by direct suppliers of frozen products are exported to Japan, South Korea, Southeast Asia, the United States, the European Union and other countries. If necessary, welcome to consult.